This conference convenes an international group of practitioners and researchers to discuss current developments in the field of dialysis. The conference is designed for health professionals invloved in established dialysis programs, as well as those working in new and developing programs. Both researchers and clinicians will find sessions of interest to them. Participants will be able to:
(1) Review appropriate therapies to meet the physiological and psychosocial needs of CKD patients and their families.
(2) Describe current trends and established strategies in the management of the full range of services required by adult and pediatric dialysis patients.
(3) Compare and contrast research findings related to improving the quality of care for dialysis patients.
(4) Evaluate the latest evidence concerning the prevention and management of common complications of dialysis.
(5) Discuss major controversies and new developments in peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis, interventional nephrology and pediatric dialysis
(6) Review fundamental knowledge of dialysis.