This conference convenes an international group of practitioners and researchers to discuss current developments in the field of dialysis. The conference is designed for health professionals involved in established dialysis programs, as well as those working in new and developing programs. Both researchers and clinicians will find sessions of interest to them. The Annual Dialysis Conference: the Twenty-eighth Annual Conference on Peritoneal Dialysis, Fourteenth International Symposium on Hemodialysis and Nineteenth Annual Symposium on Pediatric Dialysis is presented by the University of Missouri School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology jointly with Continuing Medical Education; the University of Missouri-Columbia Sinclair School of Nursing; and the Academy for Postgraduate Health Care Education.
CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES ~ Participants will be able to:
1. Review appropriate dialysis therapies to meet the diverse health-care needs of CKD patients and their families.
2. Describe current trends and established strategies in the management of the full range of services required by adult and pediatric dialysis patients, including home dialysis therapies.
3. Compare and contrast research findings related to improving the quality of care for dialysis patients.
4. Evaluate the latest evidence concerning the prevention and management of complications of CKD and dialysis.
5. Discuss major controversies and new developments in peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis and pediatric dialysis.
6. Review fundamental knowledge of dialysis.