DESCRIPTION: Bone mineralization is an extremely important issue, especially in our aging population. Dr. Baucom will be reviewing the biochemistry and physiology of bone mineralization as well as important factors that promote bone density and calcium absorption. She will also be discussing botanical and nutritional support for phase 1 and phase 2 liver detoxification pathways and how this promotes hepatic cell activity, normal inflammatory response, as well as normal flow of bile.
1. Participants will learn the physiology of bone mineralization
2. Learn how to evaluate and promote bone density
3. Learn to distinguish between different sources of calcium
4. Be able to identify various herbs and nutrients that support liver function
5. Learn how botanicals can defend the liver from free radicals, and support glutathione and other enzyme levels that help the liver
6. Learn how antioxidants can help the liver to maintain a normal inflammatory response