DESCRIPTION: In this presentation doctors will learn why it is preferable to use triiodothyronine in patients with low body temperatures and normal thyroid blood tests. They will also learn why cycling on and off triiodothyronine often resets the body temperature and metabolism better than staying on the same dose of TRIIODOTHYRONINE. The normal response to triiodothyronine cycling will be discussed as well as the significance of administering the triiodothyronine very steadily. Transitioning patients off T4-containing medicine and onto triiodothyronine will also be discussed.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Why treat with triiodothyronine instead of T4
2. Learn treatment OBJECTIVES
3. Benefit of cycling the treatment/down down down up up up
4. Compensation time
5. Endogenous vs Exogenous and the importance of steadiness
6. Why people should cycle up quickly
7. Weaning T4 and going on triiodothyronine...triiodothyronine in Hypothyroid patients.