DESCRIPTION: Overview of:
1. Vascular biology concepts and how this relates to vascular disease.
2. Vascular aging pathophysiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment will be discussed.
3. Integrative management of hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
1. Evidenced-based research on vascular disease regarding endothelial dysfunction, arterial compliance, inflammation, oxidative stress, and autoimmune dysfunction of the arteries.
2. Review the roles of cytokines, chemokines, inflammatory markers, oxidative defense, free radical oxidative stress, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, cell energy systems, ATP production, mitochondrial function, mechanism of hypertensive, lipid-induced and heavy metal vascular damage.
3. Review causes of vascular aging, use of telomere testing, noninvasive and invasive testing, early detection and treatment with nutrition, supplementation, weight loss, exercise, pharmacologic treatment and integrative care are reviewed in detail with emphasis on controlled clinical trials and evidenced based medicine in peer reviewed journals.
4. The role of nutrition, herbs, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, weight management, body composition analysis, resistance and aerobic exercise, stress reduction, proper sleep hygiene and drugs will be based on well conducted animal and human studies from randomized controlled clinical trials and peer reviewed research and review articles.