Presented at the 2019 Northwest Herb Symposium on August 22-25, 2019
In the opening of this class we will learn how to make Marijuana Liquor. I will talk about the different ways to work with this herb for top results. We will also cover the herbs that work for simple as well as more complex relaxation herbs, and how they relax the body and why one would choose one over another. We will discuss the many different herbs and how they work for nervine tonics, and which are used for the treatment of headaches, depression, body aches, sleep disorder, restless leg syndrome, etc.
- Lobelia has worked for many to relax the lungs after a coughing spasm. Lobelia is also used to help tobacco smokers quit because it helps to alleviate the cravings for tobacco.
- California poppy is a strong sleep aide and pain tonic
- Catnip is stomach nerve relaxant
- Chamomile is a general nerve tonic which is safe for everyone
- Hops claiming with alertness
- Lemon balm acts a heart nerve relaxant
- Lobelia acts as a lung nerve relaxant
- Marijuana, sleep relieve calming or stimulant depends on preparation
- Motherwort helps with heat palpitations
- Oat straw and Milky oats act as calcium nerve tonic
- Opium poppy is a strong pain reliever, not a tonic and that depends on the preparation and use. This is considered a smart herb.
- Skullcap is a nervine that works well with western medicine
- St. John’s Wort helps to reduce inflammation, calms emotions and is a nerve reliever
- Valerian root may be used as a strong sleep aide and pain reliever
- Wood Betony is a strong headache nervine tonic
- White willow bark provides an anti-inflammation effect